Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday

Yesterday morning I witnessed a rare bit of symmetry while looking skyward: the Goodyear Blimp putting lazily over Goodyear, Arizona. That sighting was as close as I got, or wanted to get, to the Super Bowl circus.

This morning I went to the local grocery to do some quiet Sunday morning shopping. Surely the rest of the world would be in church or sleeping off their Saturday night reveleries. The first hint that I had misunderestimated (one of my favorite Bushisms!)the situation was when I went to get a cart and found that they were all gone. The store was alive with grabby shoppers filling their carts with steaks, charcoal, beer, wine, chips, and other items for their Super Bowl parties.

It's sad that most of these hometown football fanatics can't afford the price of a ticket to get into the stadium that their tax dollars built.

No comments: