Sunday, April 9, 2023

Ode to Spring

 
by Pa Rock
Curmudgeon

There won't be any damned rabbits hiding their damned eggs in my damned yard today - that's for damned sure!  Yesterday I spent just under six hours mowing down the grass, mulching up last year's leaves, and shredding every small limb and branch that got in the way of me and my monster mower.  The yard is tame now, far too low to the ground to hide any rabbit eggs!

The trees are starting to leaf out, the rose bushes are getting their leaves, too, and the first blooms have just come out on the big lilac bush.  The jonquils have bloomed and gone, the Braford Pears are just about through, and a few redbuds down the lane are just coming into their glory.  My little dogwoods are greening up, and the one in front of the house already has small blooms and promises to be glorious this season.   There is a beautiful lone tulip of red and yellow currently blooming in the back yard, and another out front next to the road that is about ready to open.

It's a beautiful spring day, the yard looks exceptionally nice, and I guess if some rabbit wants to come by and scatter a few eggs, I could probably live with that, but if they are still on the ground in two weeks, me and my big-assed mower will turn them into egg salad!

Happy Easter!

No comments: