Sunday, April 2, 2023

Mellencamp: One More Excuse to Delay Mowing

 
by Pa Rock
Creature of Habit

The yard is starting to look truly ragged and I have almost run out of reasons to keep putting off the dreaded first mowing of the year.  (As experienced law mowing enthusiasts know, once you begin mowing, the grass actually starts growing faster.  It's true!)  Oh, ain't that America - manicured yards for you and me!

So I dilly and I dally, but it is going to happen.  My first mow of the season will be . . . Thursday!   I have trotted out every excuse and delaying tactic that I can bring to mind, and it is time to stop procrastinating.

Tomorrow Rosie and I are making one more run to Kansas City where, among other things, John Mellencamp will have a chance to see me at the Midland Theatre on Tuesday evening.   I will be somewhere in the sixth row, John, enjoying the show, while you are on stage reminiscing about Jack and Diane fooling around outside of the Tastee-Freez and worrying about a stale future in little pink houses.

Rosie and I will head home early Wednesday,  but I will stop off enroute for a doctor's appointment in Springfield - two birds, one stone - and early Thursday, as soon as the morning dew is off of the scarecrow, I will be back to mowing.  It almost feels as though I never stopped!

(I want a yard that won't drive me crazy!)

No comments: