Friday, March 31, 2023

And Throw Away the Key!

 
by Pa Rock
Law-Abiding Citizen

(Note:  I learned yesterday that the internet customers in my area who are stuck with the same service provider as me are all without wifi – and that it should be connected by 7:30 this evening.  Of course, the “offshore” fellow who told me that probably did not factor in the Biblical storms that are supposed to hit our area this afternoon.  It is probably for the best that I am literally unplugged from the rest of the world today!
 
The wifi went out just yesterday afternoon and for the rest of the day my news intake was severely limited.  The television, smart speakers, and home computer are all dependent on wifi.  I have one small clock radio that gets staticky reception on its good days, the car radio, and my phone – and I am truly a novice at accessing the internet with my phone.)

 
I knew that I was going to have to get more familiar with my phone when a friend from St. Louis texted the following yesterday at 4:40 p.m.:
 
“Do you have your phone on?  Indictment!”

Indictment!  What a beautiful word!  

As I began trying to figure out how to access the internet with the phone, it rang.  My friend was on the line and she gave me all of the details – which were skimpy at that time.  The grand jury in New York working on the Stormy Daniels’ hush money case had voted to indict Trump.   Kevin McCarthy was going to use his “power” to get even, and he was apparently blaming Biden.   Don Junior had given an incoherent statement invoking or blaming Pol Pot,  and Pappy Trump was being quiet as he tried to figure out how best to play the situation for maximum benefit to himself - the world's most persecuted victim!
 
And poor old Pa Rock was sitting in out in the woods in southern Missouri and missing all the fun.   (I finally did find a good article about the melodrama – via my phone – on the “Rolling Stone" website.)
 
I’m glad that Donald Trump was indicted.  The consummate grifter intentionally broke the law by spending money to influence his 2016 election and then didn’t report it, in clear violation of campaign finance laws.  He also tried to obfuscate the money trail.   If I break the law, I will go to jail – and so should Donald John Trump!  No one is above the law!
 
Trump has been using his position both as a former President as well as a current candidate for President to justify being above the law.  Being a former President and running for President make him a recognizable public personage, but those qualities acquired through the political process do not make him immune to state and national laws – nor should they!
 
Donald Trump’s vision of America is a place that grants him the power to pardon criminals like Joe Arpaio, honor bigots and misogynists like Rush Limbaugh with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, keep a highly respected black woman like Harriett Tubman off of America’s currency, trash the Supreme Court with incompetent or marginal nominees, foment revolution, and pose for pictures with gun-toting, murderous  vigilantes - and to regard America as a place where he is a special person who is allowed to basically do as he pleases.
 
One thing is certain:  Joe Biden will not be pardoning Trump.  But perhaps Biden should award Stormy Daniels the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  She is far more deserving of the honor than Limbaugh!

And it will be one mighty cold day in hell when this law-abiding citizen feels any sympathy for Donald Trump.  To paraphrase retired Army General Michael Flynn:   "Lock him up!  Lock him up!"

And throw away the key!
 

No comments: