Thursday, March 30, 2023

Big Wind's A-Coming!

 
by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist

I managed to get my internet turned back on this past Monday after several nice visits with three individual representatives of my internet company who all seemed to be working phone banks in a large, very noisy building located somewhere on the Indian sub-continent.  The first was a very pleasant young lady who took all of my information and then said she was running some tests on my connection.  Soon she announced the standard first-level response - that I needed a new modern.  I told her that she was wrong, politely, of course, and asked for a second opinion.  I visited with the second person while she, too tested my connection.  As we talked I asked her where she was physically located.  She answered, quite honestly - I suspect - that she was "off-shore" but was forbidden to say exactly where.

When the second representative did not try to sell me an unnecessary modem, I thought we might be nearing some form of resolution.  I was soon transferred to a third person who told me that it was a connectivity problem and likely the company's issue.  He sent a repairman that day and he got me hooked back up from their box without ever even coming on my property.

New modem, indeed!

That was Monday, this is Thursday and I. am back in the McDonald's parking lot because  my internet service just went out again.  This outage is also probably weather related.  Storms are heading this way and a change in the atmosphere is already evident.  Tomorrow my town and much of the state is under a "wind advisory" from one p.m. until one a.m., and there are reports that tornadoes may be in the mix. It's going to be one of those days!  I have already cancelled a doctor's appointment in Springfield that had been scheduled for tomorrow, and today I will take a few provisions to the basement just in case.

If tomorrow's blog posting is very late it is probably because Rosie I are waiting on some Good Samaritan to come by and dig us out of our shelter!

It's springtime in the Ozarks!

No comments: