Monday, March 27, 2023

Another Update from the McDonald's Parking Lot

 
by Pa Rock
Struggling Blogger

I often use this space to comment on stories in the news that pique my interest.  I use the internet and news updates from National Public Radio (NPR) through Alexas to stay current on what is happening in the world and in my state and community.  When I returned home from Kansas City on Saturday I was predictably sad to find that my internet service was down, no wifi, not a damned drop of it!  No house internet, no television, and Alexa was caput.  My instant access to the world around me had been severed.

My son told me that it had all gone out late Friday evening during a serious thunder and lightening storm.  And it was a weekend (of course) when reaching thee company would be almost impossible.  I checked with my four neighbors.  Two, it turns out, do not have a home wifi connection, and the one that does said that his was fine - but that he had heard the awful lightening strike that had probably gotten mine.   Being apparently a singleton outage, I would have to call the provider myself.  

And who was the provider anyway?  My bill showed that there had been three different providers in the past year.  Today, Monday, a lot of energy will be consumed trying to figure out who to complain to - and then hope they have a local repair crew

So if these blogs are beginning to sound disjointed - or more disjointed than usual - at least now you know the rest of the story!  (I'll bet H.L. Mencken never had to type in his car!)

No comments: