Thursday, March 23, 2023

Seventy-Five and on the Fly!

 
by Pa Rock
Aging Citizen Journalist

Seventy-five years ago this morning my mother, a petite woman, was in the delivery room of Sale Memorial Hospital in Neosho, Missouri, struggling to rid her body of a nine-pound baby boy, her first child, me.  When that undoubtedly brutal feat had been accomplished, an orderly or a nurse wheeled her and me back to the patient room which we were sharing with Mom's younger sister, Betty Lou, and Aunt Betty's two-day-old son, Danny Joe.  I'm sure that all of us being crowded into the same small hospital room made it much easier for our many relatives to drop-in and introduce themselves!

And now, seventy-five years later, I am a fussy old man who is on the road to Kansas City with my little dog, Rosie, where tonight I will be in a box seat at the Kansas City Convention Center's Music Hall Theatre watching a traveling production of "Hamilton" with my granddaughter, Olive.  This birthday will be very special indeed!

See you soon, Olive!

2 comments:

Xobekim said...

Happy Birthday.

RANGER BOB said...

Happy birthday.