Monday, July 12, 2021

Sunday in the Park with Pixie

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

Yesterday my Oregon grandchildren and their parents took me to one of the local parks and we had a nice afternoon enjoying nature.  While the others played tennis and scampered about, I held onto Pixie's leash as she pulled me through the park.  Pixie doesn't seem to get out of the house much, and she was very excited about going to the park.  The park squirrels were tame and would walk right up to people, but Pixie was not having any of that.  She constantly fought at the leash in an attempt to get free and chase the little rodents! 

I told the kids goodbye yesterday evening.  This morning I made my way into Portland where I am relaxing and repacking before boarding a plane for home in the morning.   It will be so nice to stop living out of a suitcase.  Rosie had a birthday while I was on the road - her seventh - so I will be in the doghouse for missing that, but she loves me anyway!

Lunch today was at a sports bar near my hotel and the airport in Portland.  I had a "Smoked Cuban" which was the absolute best sandwich that I have ever bitten into!  "Sidelines" sports bar, you rock!

Touchdown at 4:20 tomorrow afternoon in Kansas City and back to West Plains on Wednesday!  Many thanks to Tim (my travel agent), Cousin Joyce in Idaho, and the Files family of Oregon for doing so much to make this trip possible.  I will have many wonderful memories to enjoy while spending the rest of the summer on the mower!

No comments: