Monday, July 5, 2021

Sebastian Hits the Big One-Four!

 
by Pa Rock
Proud Grandfather

My second oldest grandchild, Sebastian Phoenix Files, turns fourteen today!  (Can you tell by his name where he was born?)  Sebastian left the desert at a very early age and now lives in Salem, the capital of Oregon, with his family.  He has a younger brother named Judah, and a younger sister by the name of Willow.
 
Sebastian is in Middle School, something that we called “Junior High School” back in the Dark Ages.  I know that he plays tenor saxophone and really likes band class.  He must also enjoy language arts (we used to call it “English” class) because he has written a couple of books, one of which is for sale on Amazon.  It is entitled “The Royce Agency.”   I read it and enjoyed it, and I am very proud of my grandson for mustering the determination and energy to write as much as he does.
 
Sebastian also likes to create unique vehicles out of bicycles, Big Wheels, and wagons, and I am always amazed at his clever creations as he rides them up and down the hills around his home.
 
The last time I saw Sebastian was before the pandemic – in October of 2019.  He was twelve at that time, not even a teenager.  Today I am heading out on a trip that will take me to Kansas City, tonight, Sandpoint, Idaho, on Tuesday and Wednesday, and on to Sebastian’s house on Thursday afternoon.   (I hope he saves me some cake!)
 
It will definitely be good to see Sebastian and his family again.
 
Sebastian, I wish you a wonderful birthday and many, many more!


No comments: