Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Stuck in Salt Lake City

 
by Pa Rock
Traveling Fool

The flight from Kansas City to Salt Lake was late arriving, and the departure gate for Spokane - my next stop - had been changed, so I hit the terminal in a dead run.  The rush, however, was unnecessary because the flight from Reno, which will then go on to Spokane, was even later - much later.   So now I am sitting in the terminal where I have a view of where the plane will board, if it ever gets here.

I had a very nice flight from Kansas City.  The plane was at about 95% capacity, but one of the few empty seats was next to me!   That made for a very pleasant ride.   I was "in charge" of one of the emergency exits and had to agree verbally to help others escape if the plane went down, but in order to sit next to an empty seat, I would have agreed to anything!  

From the size of the crowd at the Spokane gate, I probably won't be so fortunate on the next leg of the trip.

1 comment:

Xobekim said...

Pre-pandemic the Salt Lake City was known as "the most on time" airport.
My personal experience does not agree with that assessment.