Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Pa Rock Guards the Homefront

by Pa Rock
Stay-at-Home Grump

It's Tuesday, and here I sit at home - again - waiting on @CenturyLink to do me the courtesy of coming to my house to try and restore my internet service.

I have been without internet service since last Tuesday evening when a middle-of-the-night storm  shut my home service down.  I knew it was a line problem because I performed all of the "tests" that @CenturyLink always has me perform whenever their service goes out, and those indicated that the problem was outside of my house.  Then I spoke with a woman at CenturyLink who also told me it was a line problem - though she did not elaborate on why it had not already been fixed.  The lady said she would send a technician to my house on Monday who would check things out and get me reconnected to the World Wide Web.

I didn't understand why a "line problem" required a home visit, but I did realize that my part in this drama was to play the weepy-eyed consumer who was so very grateful for any assistance that the corporate giant could render unto me.   @CenturyLink would be at my place between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Monday, the lady assured me.  All I had to do was to cancel any plans that I had for the day and wait patiently for their repairman.

Monday was yesterday, and I sat at home like a good consumer who is stuck with one viable service provider.  I pay the bills, but @CenturyLink sets the rules.  At ten minutes to five yesterday evening I received an email telling me that the repairman could not make it, and that he was rescheduling for tomorrow - again sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

It's now after 10:30 a.m. and still no word.  And I guess that is as it should be - because I would really feel terrible if anyone @CenturyLink was inconvenienced on my account!

Pa Rock knows his place!

No comments: