Thursday, December 25, 2014

Aunt Mary's Christmas Poem

by Pa Rock
Proud Nephew

I have mentioned my sweet Aunt Mary in this space on several occasions - including yesterday!  Mary Olive Day (Macy) King was married to my father's older brother, Wayne Hearcel Macy, until his death from leukemia in 1956.  Wayne's death left Aunt Mary to raise my two cousins, Linda and Janet, on her own - and she did a wonderful job with both girls!

Aunt Mary will be ninety-years-young this summer.  She was born in Kansas City, Missouri, attended high school in Neosho, Missouri, and has lived in San Diego, California, since before World War II.  In addition to having been a homemaker, she has worked as a model and writes fine poetry.   The following was included in this year's annual Christmas letter from my aunt, and she has given me special permission to include it in this blog.


One Precious Gift
by Mary Day King

Just one gift each the wise me brought
For that dear little child they'd so painfully sought.
Each gift held their reverence and love,
For this was the Son of the Father above.

It's not the number of gifts we receive
That causes our hearts and souls to believe.
But the light of His star that shows the way,
We should celebrate our Lord on Christmas Day.


Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: