Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Hunger Game

by Pa Rock
Food Appreciator

Breakfast this morning was a double adult dose (two capfuls) of Miralax stirred into a glass of cold water.  Um-um-good!  After tending to a few chores, I drove to town and picked up a mid-morning snack - a 52-ounce iced tea from Casey's General Store.  That was followed by a trip to the local grocery where I bought an assortment of popsicles and clear liquid drinks.  Lunch was a mug of warm chicken broth.

Guess who's having a colonoscopy tomorrow?

Although it has only been a couple of hours - and I carry around enough body fat to support a season of hibernation - I am hungry, and the hunger is bringing out strange behaviors.  I caught myself staring wistfully at the Marie Callendar frozen foods display in the grocery this morning, and when my son stopped by the house a little while ago, I busied myself trying to give him food.  If I couldn't eat, surely I could satisfy someone else's hunger!

Now I'm involved in some television therapy as I listen to my stomach growl and contemplate supper.  Will it be a little more chicken broth - or perhaps Jello?  One thing is certain, dessert will be a popsicle.

But tomorrow night, supper will be some of Marie's finest fare!

1 comment:

Don said...

In addition to the invasion of privacy necessitated by their very existence,colonoscopies entail preparations that border on starvation (at least that's how it seemed to me).

Good luck, Rock