Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ahoy, Maties! Aargh!

by Pa Rock
Sailing Fool

It is almost 1:00 p.m. in Florida, just about the time that the Eurodam was supposed to begin boarding. Being the cynical bastard that I am, I got here a couple of hours early and found the other rats already scurrying up the gang plank. I have dined (boy, did I dine!), and now I am sitting by an ourdoor bar listening to a marimba band and fighting off waiters who want to ply me with rum drinks. It is a very rough job, but somebody has to do it!

I met an interesting fellow while standing in line waiting to begin the boarding process. (Yes, there is always a line!) His name is Ron and he used to be the director of Phil Donahue's television show. I told him about recently seeing Marlo in a play in Phoenix, and we immediately had enough in common with that to begin a conversation that took us through lunch. Ron is also traveling as a part of The Nation which means that we also share some leftist views in the fields of politics and social justice. Nice guy!

More later from the high seas!

No comments: