Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Assumption Abbey Fruitcakes

 
by Pa Rock
Holiday Muncher

Last year I ordered a fruitcake made by the monks of Assumption Abbey in Ava, Missouri.   I had heard of their holiday product for years, and decided to give it a try.   The two-pound cake was moist, robust, and delicious - so good, in fact, that I ordered another one this year.  It arrived last weekend while I was in Kansas City, and I eagerly cut into it upon my return home.  Now I believe I have started a tradition!

Some people scoff at the mere idea of fruitcake, as if it is common and beneath their standards - but those snooty souls have obviously never experienced a fruitcake like those that the monks in Ava make.   Their cakes are so rich and delicious, and imbued with the spirits of the season - both figuratively and literally.  One slice and I am docile, two and I am probably napping!

Thank you, Assumption Abbey, for continuing to make the holidays more special and joyous!

1 comment:

RANGER BOB said...

I just ordered mine. I hope they didn't bake all of the alcohol out of the brandy. LOL