Friday, December 17, 2021

Happy Birthday, Molly Files!


by Pa Rock
Proud Papa

My daughter, Molly, is celebrating her forty-fifth birthday today.  I suspect she will be having a grand day at home in Oregon with her husband, Scott, and their three youngsters, Sebastian, Judah, and Willow.  I wish them all a day of fun and happiness!

Molly was born at the brand new Freeman Hospital in Joplin, Missouri, during the waning days of the Ford administration, and in a nursery full of  tiny, bawling infants, she was the only one with red curls.  When my parents came to visit the first evening after she was born, my mother stepped to the nursery window and pointed to Molly whose basinette was on the front row, and said:  "That's our baby right there.  The one with the curls!"

The next day Molly's maternal gramma, Aggie, came to visit and she was carrying the largest poinsettia that I had ever seen.  Aggie was in the company of her mother, Sophia "Nana" Doerpinghaus, who was there to meet her second great-grandchild.

Over the years Molly has always made me proud.  She has had an interesting life and always been focused on helping others - and the amount of time and energy that she devotes to raising her children is just amazing!

Happy birthday, Molly.  May the year ahead be your best ever!

No comments: