Thursday, May 6, 2021

Boone Macy at Twenty-two

 
by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My oldest grandchild, Boone Macy, turns twenty-two today.  Not only is Boone the oldest of my grandchildren, he is the only one who was born in the previous millennium.  

I see Boone so seldom that usually when I write about him I am not very up-to-date on his life.  This time, however, I am more current because he was at my house last week just as some of us were preparing to hit the road for North Carolina.  By visiting when he did, Boone was able to catch up with several of his relatives with just one convenient stop.

Boone, at 6'3", is the tallest member of our family.  He is also skinny and nice looking.    Boone is a college student studying to be an elementary school teacher, but he has been on hiatus from school for a couple of semesters because he does not enjoy remote learning.  Right now his plans are to return to school full-time in the fall.  He has his own car and has had a variety of jobs.  The last time I had seen him before the visit a few days ago, he had been working as a hotel desk clerk in southwest Missouri - and I stayed at his hotel one night.  (I sure did appreciate that family discount!)

Boone is a fine young man, and our family is very proud of him.  I know that as the years roll on he will continue to make us proud!

Happy birthday, Boone.  I wish you now, and always, the very best of what life has to offer.

1 comment:

molly. said...

Happy Birthday Boone! It was good seeing you!