Dead Pool Master
Okay, we will yield to popular demand and continue Pa Rock's Dead Pool for the year 2013. The effort was initiated in 2008, so this will be the "6th Annual" installment.
Here are a few rules:
- Email a list of ten living celebrities, politicians, world leaders, etc (people who would be generally known to most people) to me by the last day of January 2013.(email@example.com) If any of the people on your list kick the bucket (die) during the remainder of the calendar year - February through December 2013 - you will earn points for your correct predictions.
- Points are awarded based on the age of the deceased, with that age being subtracted from one hundred to determine the amount of points awarded. If you successfully predict the death of a 95-year-old, as I did last year with the choice of Broadway actress Celeste Holm, the result would be 5 points. Another entrant earned 38 points on the correct prediction of the death 62-year-old BeeGee's singer, Robin Gibb. Several people earned big points in past years by correctly predicting Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse.
- Three cash prizes are awarded annually: Fifty dollars for first place (the person scoring the most total points), twenty-five dollars for second, and ten dollars for third.
- There are no entry fees.
- Please feel free to share this information with your friends.
- Have fun and choose wisely!