Sunday, October 4, 2009

And the Shuffle Sez...

by Pa Rock
Music Fan

Sister Phillipia (Mary Syracuse Harmon) "tagged" me on Facebook yesterday with a challenge to shuffle my music playlist, copy down the first fifteen songs to pop up, and send that list to a group friends asking each of them to do the same and to send a copy of their lists back to me. (A chain-letter type of thing without any monetary risk.) I try to not use Facebook because it is too complicated for my simple mind, and I'm not sure that I have a group of friends - so I decided to do my list and post it here. If anyone wants to shuffle up their own list and send it to a group of friends or back to me, be my guest!

My iPod currently has 3,341 songs, a very eclectic mixture as you are about to see. It (the iPod) is certainly the best investment that I have made in years. I have a docking station at the office and at home, and headphones for the gym. My time on the treadmill has quadrupled since I started marching to my tunes!

Here is Pa Rock's first fifteen after the shuffle. Make of them what you will:

1. Daydream Believer (Anne Murray and Nelly Furtado)
2. 10,000 Miles (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
3. The Blue Danube Waltz (Andre Rieu)
4. They Can't Take That Away From Me (Rod Stewart)
5. The Dark End of the Street (Linda Ronstadt)
6. I Ain't Got Nobody (Preservation Hall Jazz Band)
7. Don't Say Goodbye (Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young)
8. This Ole House (Bette Midler)
9. Blue Reverie (Benny Goodman)
10. Monday, Monday (The Mamas and the Papas)
11. It Is No Secret What God Can Do (Elvis Presley)
12. The Name of the Game (Abba)
13. Are You Sure Hank Williams Done it This Way? (Waylon Jennings)
14. Volunteers (Jefferson Airplane)
15. She's Got a Way (Billy Joel)

I have six Beatles albums on the ole iPod, and not a single Beatles song made the front fifteen!

1 comment:

Phillipia said...

Hey Rock, thanks for sharing.
Quite a few of your songs are in my playlist as well:)