Saturday, October 12, 2013

Olive Noel Macy is Two Years Old!

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

Today is Baby Olive's second birthday.  I am not able to be in Kansas for her party, but I know that her little cousins and numerous relatives and friends are making her day very special.

Olive was born in Overland Park, Kansas, and now lives a few miles down the road in a town called Roeland Park.  I was able to be in Kansas the day she was born and returned to Japan a few days later secure in the knowledge that I had a beautiful and healthy granddaughter.  And while it might not seem as though she has ventured far from her place of birth, during the past two years Olive has visited Okinawa and Canada, lived for awhile in Los Angeles, and been to Oregon, Phoenix and the Grand Canyon.  I hope she is able to keep traveling and exploring the world as she gets older.

I wish that I could be at her party today, but Olive and I were together a couple of weeks ago when she visited me in Arizona.  She has grown and changed so much in her first two years.

Olive, very soon I will be living closer to you - and we will have some wonderful times together.  That's a promise!

Much love and happy birthday from Pa Rock!

No comments: