Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Ranger Bob Stories: Chasing a Dream

 
by Pa Rock
Reader

Yesterday I received a new book in the mail.  It came as a surprise, and I was thrilled to receive it.   The book, "Ranger Bob Stories:  Chasing a Dream" is 170 pages of text, photos, maps, and illustrations, many of them in color, detailing the work life of my old college roommate, Bob Randall, who spent his working career as a US Park Ranger.

When Bob retired from the National Park Service, his daughter-in-law presented him with a scrapbook that she had made which contained highlights of his career.  Using that as the base, he began adding to it by writing his recollections of those years.  Eventually it became an illustrated autobiography.

This book is a labor of love that Bob created for his children and grandchildren - and at least one old friend from college.   There is no price or purchase information on the copy I received, so I assume it is strictly being distributed as gifts - and I am honored to be a recipient of an autographed copy.

Great work, Ranger Bob!  I will read your work carefully and savor all of the details of your rich and fascinating life as a National Park Ranger.  I know this work will be treasured by your grandchildren, and their children, and theirs.

You inspire me toward chronicling my checkered past!

Thanks, friend.


1 comment:

Ranger Bob said...

You're welcome, Rock. And thanks to you for the encouragement you gave me over the last year while I was struggling to finish it.