Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Blue Skies, Nothing but Blue Skies Do I See

by Pa Rock
Farmer in Winter

Two weeks ago it was bitter cold and snowing.  Last week the snow was melting - and this morning I'm staring out of the living room window looking at clear blue skies and wondering why the National Weather Service issued a tornado warning for this area twenty minutes ago.  My phone alarm went off, and by the time it settled down, the city sirens were blowing.  We were under a fifteen minute WARNING from 10:00 a.m. until 10:15 a.m.  Rosie and I went out on the back porch just to see if we were missing something, but the sky remained blue, horizon to horizon, and there was only the slightest breeze passing through the tall pines that guard my house.

I have a basement and will use it when the weather situation appears to be dire,  but even with the alarms, today just did not seem to justify the effort of grabbing snacks, water, and a couple of good books and heading downstairs - not to mention to whole drama of waking Riley up and convincing him to go downstairs with us.  So I remained seated in front of the window, staring out at the blue skies.

Now forty minutes have passed, and all we had for our trouble was the sound of alarms without the fury of weather. I was hoping at the very least to have some strong winds blow by and move my leftover autumn leaves on down the road.

But today the only things blowing were the alarms!

No comments: