Friday, June 28, 2019

Free at Last! Free at Last!

by Pa Rock
Spinning Sicko

I only spent two nights in our local hospital before gaining a timely release this morning, and while that was a minimal sentence, it felt like a multi-year ordeal on Devil's Island.  The doctor that I was working with in the hospital (the "hospitalist") managed to make changes in my heart and diabetes medication routines while I was there and has now left me to explain changes that I don't fully understand to the actual providers who set the routines to be begin with.

The most frustrating aspect  of the two-day stay was the second night when I was taken out of ICU and assigned to a "regular" room.  The patient room was almost large enough for one person, yet I had to share it with a man who was recovering from a stroke - and his wife!  When I arrived in the room at 7:00 p.m. he was watching television, and when staff work me for the umpteenth time at a quarter past one in the morning, he was still watching television!  When breakfast arrived at 7:00 a.m. he was still watching television!

There was nothing recuperative about that second night in the hospital - which is probably why the hospitalist was quick to ascend to my wishes to go home where I might be able to get some actual rest.

I have an appointment to follow-up with my regular physician on Tuesday, and hopefully all of the tests will be back by then.  In the meantime I am supposed to stay out of the sun, get lots of rest, and drink plenty of liquids.

If you are going to be outside this summer, invest in sunscreen, insect repellent, and. tick spray.  It's a messy way to live, but it still beats the alternative!

1 comment:

Mineko said...

Happy to read about. Stay well.