Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Happy at Home!

by Pa Rock
Weary Traveler

I made is safely back to The Roost early this afternoon.  Rosie was so happy to see me that she did a triple back-flip and then curtsied!  Riley also appeared happy to have his household back to full strength.  The cats rushed forward to convey their greetings, and the geese gathered at the car door to join in the excitement.  One of the geese bit the back of my leg as I was dragging stuff to the house, and while geese are known for their ill tempers, this was the first time that one has ever bitten me.  I suppose he just got carried away in all of the excitement!

It took the rest of the afternoon to sort and unpack, and the next task on the list is laundry.  We did laundry at Valerie's in Honolulu, so I actually wound up taking more clothes than I needed.

This week I saw five of my six grandchildren within a two-day span.  Life doesn't get much better than that!  They all seemed to enjoy the presents that Pa Rock brought from Hawaii.

The trip was fun, but Dorothy was right:  "There's no place like home!"

No comments: