Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Heading to Hue

by Pa Rock
Citizen of Planet Earth

Early morning in Da Nang.  I have just finished a good hotel breakfast and will soon be packing for our 9:00 a.m. departure to Hue, a three-hour car drive. Hue is the ancient capital of Vietnam and promises much in the way of history and culture.

A word or two about our hotel in Da Nang:  The Ancient House Resort is very tropical and beautiful.  Again, it was a cheap-o three-star, but extremely nice according to my limited experience.  Each room has its own balcony that overlooks a very lush pool area with much greenery.  My extra-big king-size bed had rose petals strew across the white cover - all beneath a silk canopy!  The bath tub was long and very comfortable - much to the delight of my poor, sore legs that had recently trudged up and down Marble Mountain!

The Wi-fi, however, did not work in the room - forcing me to do email and blog from the lobby.  I can pull up the edit page for my blog and post new entries, but the local connection will not let me pull up the actual blog - so I am sort of flying blind hoping that everything publishes the way that I intend.  (Is Pa Rock's Ramble too controversial for Da Nang, Vietnam?)

Off to pack, to ride, and to walk, and walk, and walk!

No comments: