Saturday, October 25, 2008

An Update on Boone

by Pa Rock


Last night I received photos from my grandson, Boone Macy of West Plains, MO. They were of him and his mother at a pumpkin farm, and a couple of pictures of Boone with his new French bulldog, Sly. Boone's mother raises French bulldogs and ships them all over the United States.

Today I talked to Boone over the telephone for awhile. He just finished the first quarter of 4th grade and made all A's on his report card. Way to go, Boone! When I asked him what he has been reading, he said that yesterday he completed A Wrinkle in Time. I love that book, but I was at least in junior high school when I read it, and probably high school! I suspect that Boone's love of reading is one reason that he does so well at the spelling bee each year.

Boone and his Dad and I went to the Grand Canyon in the summer of 2007 and had a good time. This past summer we all went to San Diego where we got to play in the ocean and go to the zoo. I hope that we are able to do something fun next summer. I always enjoy seeing the world through the eyes of my grandson!

No comments: