Monday, October 6, 2008

Obama Leads in Arizona!

by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist

Barack Obama has a solid lead in Arizona. I know this because I cast my early ballot for him today - hence, by my count of the votes that I can personally account for, he leads John McBush one to nothing. At least that's how I see it!

I love early voting! My ballot came in the mail on Saturday, along with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope, and I voted this afternoon, dropped it in the mailbox, and slapped the "I voted" sticker on my forehead!

We talked about the positives and negatives of early voting at work today. A co-worker told me that she was opposed to it because things might change between today and election day. Okay, I understand that. Another possibility is that I might die in a car wreck in the next couple of weeks and lose the opportunity of casting a vote, but now my vote is cast and Obama has it - whether I am breathing on election day or not! Another friend said that she receives a ballot in the mail, but will deliver it to the polling place on election day because she is afraid it will be lost if she mails it in. Yes, that's a possibility, but what guarantees do we ever have that our vote is counted - regardless of how or when we cast it?

By voting early, I save gas and time by not having to drive around Goodyear trying to find the right polling place, I don't have to stand in lines or shuffle through my wallet looking for good identification, and I can be home popping popcorn and watching the election results while others are still trying to do their patriotic duty.

Oh, and BTW, gay marriage is also leading one to nothing!

No comments: