Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sex and Genealogy

by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist

I have two blogs, this one and one that focuses on Ozark genealogy (www.rootboundinthehills.blogspot.com). The Rootbound column is a collection of 242 newspaper genealogy columns that I wrote in the late 1980s and early 1990s. It's focus is on the family history of persons whose ancestors lived in, or travelled through, the Ozarks. It would be of no interest or benefit to anyone who is not a family researcher.

Imagine my surprise when I received an email today wanting me to give an "unbiased review" of a product on the Rootbound blog. In return for this "unbiased" service I would be paid in cash or product. The email had my interest - maybe I was about to snarf up a free genealogy or history book for plugging it in a column that darned few people read anyway,

But then I read on...

The product was a "penis enhancer," a magnetic ring with elements of tourmaline and geranium, that would enhance blood flow to a guy's best friend! A penis enhancer - in a genealogy column? Geranium? That's as inappropriate as it is ridiculous!

Now if they make me the same offer for this website, then we might do business! (I wonder if I got ten - one for each finger and thumb - would I be able to play killer piano, swim faster, or catch a basketball in one hand? Or, if I wore one on each toe, would I be able to sleep hanging from a limb by my feet?) This opens up so many research possibilities!

Here is another possibility: maybe this company could create some products that would be appropriate for a genealogy column. Inflatable ancestors, anyone?

No comments: