Sunday, August 27, 2023

Just an Echo, Yoo-hoo - - - - - - - In the Kia, Yoo-hoo!

 
by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

Rosie and I have been in Kansas City the past two days and are heading back to West Palins this morning. We came with a “to do” list and managed to accomplish most of our chores.
 
One of the things I did was to get a haircut.  (Rosie didn’t need one.)  The haircut that I got was a really good one that I expect brought my weight down by several pounds.  I told the barber that she should keep all of that old gray hair piled high on her floor and perhaps stuff a pillow with it, or perhaps a big teddy bear.
 
Another big event was my son successfully installing an “Echo Auto” (Alexa) in my little Kia - and it works beautifully!  I’ve been told that I can get all the same wonderous things that this new gadget will provide by simply  using my phone without the Echo, but the phone is far too complicated for my simple mind to navigate, and Alexa and I are already simpatico.  Today she will be riding shotgun on our trip back to West Plains while Rosie snoozes on my lap – and all the music will be by my favorite artists – and all the news will be a reliable source – NPR!
 
The Echo works through my phone’s wifi, and if you want to know more specifics about that, you will have to find a twelve-year-old and ask because I don’t have a clue!
 
Look out, West Plains.  Me and Rosie and Alexa are on the road and headed home!


No comments: