Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Watch Out, Oregon - Sebastian Is Sixteen!

 
by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My second oldest grandchild, Sebastian Files, is sixteen today, and like most young people his age he has been focused on learning to drive for the past several months.  I haven't ridden with him yet, but the reports I hear are that he pays attention and is a careful driver.  Sebastian lives in a small city, Salem, Oregon,where there is lots of traffic and many driving challenges, so being cautious is very important.  

My grandson has an interest in things that are old, and he told me recently that he has purchased two radios, one from the 1940's and the other from the 1950's, and is busy restoring them.  I will get to see both of them when I visit him and his brother, Judah, and his sister, Willow, at their home in Oregon next week.

Sebastian is a budding young writer who has three books to his credit and is busy working on a fourth.  He also writes for the school newspaper, an activity which he seems to really enjoy.  I have seen much of his work and am very pleased with what he has accomplished.

Sebastian, you are still at the front end of life.  Work hard and make good choices - and drive safely! Your grandfather is proud of you!  Have a great birthday and a wonderful year!

See you soon!

No comments: