Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Sitting by the Window

 
by Pa Rock
Farmer in Late Summer

The yard at The Roost needs to be mowed, and the long damp grass is weighing heavily on my mind.  The weather is dreary, as it has been for the past couple of days, and Alexa seems to enjoying keeping me on edge with forecasts of "possible" thunderstorms.  I would challenge her prediction and get on the lawnmower anyway - if the grass would just dry out long enough to let me get started.

The grass is so long and so wet that when Rosie goes outside to do her business, she has taken to doing it on the driveway so that she can stay reasonably dry.   The cat seems to have given up much of his prowl time  and spends long periods of each day dozing in a dry poultry box in the chicken coop.  The guinea, too, has found a couple of dry hideaways, but he rushes across the yard to join me whenever I happen to be outside.  He seems to be reinventing himself as the family pet, and follows happily along wherever I lead.

So perhaps I will mow today, or maybe I will just sit by the window and watch the grass grow,  Retirement can be a real bitch!

No comments: