Sunday, September 18, 2022

Little Old Houses for Sale

 
by Pa Rock
Malcontent

Sunday morning.

I spent yesterday afternoon riding around with Tim, Erin, and Sully looking at homes for sale in Kansas on the off chance that they can convince me that it is time to move closer to family.  Basically what I learned was this:  even just a plain campsite that is within thirty minutes or so of Kansas City would run six figures.  Having a home on it would, of course, cost extra.

Living on the Kansas side of the line is.a must because I have definitely had my fill of Missouri's right-wing, Republican, asshole politicians.

I found two very little houses that I liked, both were old, one built in 1926 and the other 1930.  They were locked, but hopefully today a realtor friend will be able to get us inside to look around.  I may also look at a couple of town houses or condos, which, as I underhand it, are nicer apartments that you buy and then also pay rent on through HOA dues.  That sounds like a really sweet racket to this old farm boy!

At one of the houses which caught my interest yesterday the neighbor lady was standing on her back porch throwing tomatoes to her two pet ducks - who were gobbling them up enthusiastically!  That is probably a neighborhood into which I could fit.

Just found out that the house I liked best yesterday has a "pending" sale after just two days on the market.  Doesn't sound like it would be very easy to find something from five hours away.

Oh well, I live in a very nice home right now, so things could certainly be worse!

1 comment:

Xobekim said...

The Town House HOA racket has many perks, one of which is shoveling snow and clearing the parking lot. Those are tasks in which I no longer count myself as a participant. Good luck on house hunting.