Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sully Turns Five on Father's Day

 
by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

I know that my youngest son, Tim, himself a father of two, is having a wonderful Father's Day today, because in addition to all of the normal Father's Day hoopla, Tim and his family are also celebrating the fifth birthday of their youngest, Sullivan Charles Macy.  What a nice day they are undoubtedly having!

My youngest grandchild is having a very active summer learning to play T-Ball, swimming in his backyard pool, and playing with his big dog, Jack.  Sully will be starting kindergarten this fall and he will be attending the same school as his older sister, Olive.

Yesterday I received an email from Tim with a photo of Sully attached that showed him proudly carrying some of his birthday cake across the street to share with the neighbors.  It's never too early to begin focusing on meeting the needs of others, and kindness, and Sully looked like he was really enjoying the experience.

I was very proud of myself a few months ago when I happened across the perfect birthday card for Sully.  The card, which I bought and temporarily put aside, featured "Hot Wheels," and my youngest grandson is a big "Hot Wheels" car fan.  It wasn't until I got the card out to get it ready to mail a couple of weeks ago that I realized I had messed up.  The card said "Happy Birthday Four-Year-Old," and I had somehow lost a year!  (That's what happens after you celebrate too many birthdays, Sully!)

So Sully is five, and Pa Rock is ancient - and Pa Rock wishes Sully the best birthday ever!

Party hearty, Grandson and have an extra helping of fun on your fifth birthday!

1 comment:

Mimi's memories said...

They are sure to have a fun filled day! I can’t believe that Sully is five years old already.
Happy Father’s Day to you Rock.
Judy