Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Hit the Road, Trump - and Don't You Come Back No More!

by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist 

There was a very funny and uplifting video circulating on Twitter yesterday evening.  Unfortunately the video was fake, but it was still wickedly funny, nonetheless.  

The video showed a military band marching past the White House while loudly playing "Hit the Road Jack!"  The video was old footage of a military band taken in front of the White House some other time, and the music was apparently a recording of the song as it had been performed by the Ohio State University Marching Band and then cleverly dubbed into the video.

Did I mention that it was hysterically funny and extremely uplifting?  I retweeted it with wild abandon.  The devil made me do it!

I am so pleased that I lived long enough to see Donald Trump driven from power.  His insufferable arrogance, bigotry, greed, gluttony, and general nastiness pulled us apart as a nation and weakened us as a world power.  I'm tired of the pandemic that the Trump administration tried to ignore and did little to contain.   I'm wearied by the inherent racism extolled by travel bans and border walls, and I'm damned angry about white police continually being cast as peacekeepers as they beat down and kill black Americans.  People who deny rights to others based on race are not "fine people," and I am tired of hearing that they are.

A leader who mocks a disabled individual mocks us all, and I resent that cruel affront to common decency.

And I am worn down and worn out by the lies - and lies - and lies - and never-ending noise!  

But now Trump is in the air flying to Florida - his last trip aboard Air Force One - and all is finally quiet - and decency once again prepares to reign across the land.

God grant Joe Biden and Kamala Harris the wisdom and strength to get the United States back onto the path to greatness!

It's a new day in America - and the darkness has flown off to Florida!

No comments: