Saturday, September 5, 2020

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, It's Off to Mow I Go!

by Pa Rock
Farmer in Summer

Our late summer drought, followed by our late summer monsoon, have finally come and gone here in the Ozarks, and now the sun is out and the grass is once again growing at a furious pace.  Yesterday afternoon I climbed aboard my trusty zero-turn (52-inch swath) "Dixie Chopper" lawnmower and went for a two-hour mow, a two hour mow!  It was the first time I had been on the mower since May 30th.  (I keep records of the important events in my life!)   I broke my arm on May 31st, and my son took over mowing responsibilities for most of the summer - until the drought set in.

But now . . .  I'm back!

When I prematurely retired from mowing in late May it was taking two days to complete the civilized section of my yard.  Yesterday I was able to complete only about a third of the total amount, so I assume that it will take two more days to get the yard back into shape.   (I'm not saying that I'm an especially good mowing artist, but I have had a few people stop in the road at various times just to tell me how nice the yard looks.  Well, I suppose I am saying that I'm an especially good mowing artist!)

The field of battle shrinks as we age, but that's no excuse for not keeping it properly trimmed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the return to your lawn!! 😀