Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Broken Arm is on the Mend

by Pa Rock
Citizen Journalist

The broken arm that I suffered on May 31st has finally kicked into gear and started to heal.  Last week I began physical therapy and was also able to permanently set aside the sling that had limited my movement and activity.  That next day I also drove myself to town for the first time in nearly two months.

A few days after that I managed to begin wearing tee-shirts again, an essential part of my standard summer uniform of tee-shirts and shorts,  And a day or two later I was able to resume sleeping on my left side for part of each night

My range of motion with the broken right arm is still not what it needs to be, but with the aggressive physical therapy both at the clinic as well as at home, I see improvements every day.  There is still an ache near the shoulder, but that seems to be associated with the exercises as much as anything, and I am confident that it, too, shall pass.

This coming Tuesday I have a doctor's appointment in Springfield - 100 miles down the road - and I anticipate that I will be able to make that long drive by myself.

So, all things considered, Pa Rock is pleased to report that he is on the mend!

No comments: