Monday, August 10, 2020

Healed! Healed, I Tell Ya!

by Pa Rock
Successful Patient

The visit with my orthopedist this morning was all good news.  She had me flex my recently-broken arm in several directions and then pronounced me "healed!"  While my full range-of-motion has not yet returned, it was obvious to her that it is improving and that I am well on the way to complete recovery.  The doctor not only told me that I don't have to schedule any more visits with her, she also informed me that the physical therapy would no longer be required after my next appointment later in the week.

All of that is, of course, very welcome news.  My primary care physician had done his best to scare me into working hard at the physical therapy by telling me tales of shoulders "freezing up" and horrendous surgeries that had to be undertaken when they did - so I worked very hard at the physical therapy - and will continue it at home ever after the final session at the clinic later this week.

Realizing that people recover from broken bones every day, this is still very big news to me.  Being an antique (72-years-old), I was anticipating a much lengthier and more difficult process.

Morals of the story:  Be careful in your daily activities, and follow medical advice to the letter and beyond.   There are no shortcuts to good health - and it is much easier to grow old gracefully in a functioning body than it is in an impaired one.

3 comments:

Xobekim said...

Congratulations.
And no you do not want rotator cuff surgery.

Xobekim said...

Congratulations.
And no you do not want rotator cuff surgery.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I once had a frozen shoulder & that’s very painful too! Good job on following the docs orders!😀