Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day at River Bend

by Pa Rock
Admirer of Moms

My sister, Gail, called Friday evening and announced that she would be paying me a visit the following afternoon.  Gail's visits are few and far between, so her sudden announcement stirred Rosie and I to clean the house - kinda, sorta.  Last night we had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in West Plains, and today we hit a few flea markets in Hardy, Arkansas.  Then, on the way back home we stopped at the beautiful River Bend Restaurant in Mammoth Spring, Arkansas.  Having forgotten that it was Mother's Day, we were quite surprised by the size of the crowd waiting to be served.  We were seated quickly, considering the size of the crowd, but the wait for the food was over an hour.  Needless to say, we were good and hungry by the time the grub arrived.

I'm not sure why Gail managed to grace me with a Mother's Day visit, but I am glad that she did.  Gail is my only sibling, nearly three years younger than myself.  She has four grown kids and a passel of grandchildren, and I have three adult children and my own passel of grandkids.

Happy Mother's Day to moms everywhere - particularly my sister, Gail, my daughter, Molly, and my daughter-in-law, Erin.    There is no harder work anywhere - and the pay sucks - but the love and happiness generated by caring mothers lasts a lifetime - and beyond!   You ladies, as well as the millions of other moms who work tirelessly to insure the future of our civilization, are truly angels.  May your energy and love stretch across countless generations!

No comments: