Monday, December 25, 2017

Capturing Christmas

by Pa Rock

The Ozarks awoke to a thin white blanket of snow yesterday, Christmas Eve, but today the snow is gone and the sky is dark and cloudy - wintry, but not Christmassy.

Olive just phoned in to discuss her Christmas haul.  She seemed to be really pleased with the camera that I got her, and said that she has already been busy taking pictures with it.  I hope that she sends me a few.  I got cameras for all four of my elementary-aged grandchildren, so maybe they will all send a few pictures to their old Grandpa, or at least trade photos among themselves.

My parents had an old box camera that they used when I was small.  When I was about twelve Santa brought me my own camera - a small Kodak in a kit that included a roll of film and some flash bulbs.  Remember flash bulbs?  Remember film?  Now we take pictures with our telephones and send them around electronically.  Who would have thunk it?

Olive told me that her little brother, Sully, got a "Tickle-Me Elmo" for Christmas.  (Actually, I already knew that because I sent it to him.)  Sully smiles and laughs all of the time, so Elmo should be a natural playmate for him.  I suspect that they may get into all manner of trouble together!

I haven't heard from the Oregon grandchildren yet, but they are two hours behind us early birds here in the Midwest.  Willow and Judah and Sebastian should all be snapping pictures of each other any minute now.  I hope they remember to send a few funny shots to Pa Rock.

Here in Noel, the Christmas City, Patti made waffles for breakfast, and her son Anthony is now busy making the holiday meal.  Aunt Gail called to say that she is leaving Fayetteville and will join us in an hour or so.  Rosie and I are very anxious to see her.

May you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and the happiest of New Years!  Stay happy - and healthy - and wise!

No comments: