Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wedding Wednesday

by Pa Rock
Father of the Bride


Molly and Scott were married on the beach at Coronado this afternoon. It was a beautiful day; last night's rain took a break and let the sun shine through! A very nice reception followed at the El Cordova Hotel where the happy couple were headquartered.

It was a very small group. Scott's mom and dad were there along with his brother, all very nice people. Molly's brothers and Tim's fiancee were with us, and so were my Aunt Mary and Cousin Janet who live in San Diego. I called my Dad during the reception so that he could visit with all of our people, and he said that he really liked getting to do that.

We saw Scott briefly at dinner tonight, but Molly was worn out and stayed in their room. She has spent so much time working and worrying over the wedding, wanting to make sure that everything went right - and it did! I hope that she gets rested and is able to enjoy their honeymoon cruise to Mexico.

The best part of the wedding experience was seeing my kids work so well together. They are getting to the age where their lives will start to be complicated with their own family demands, so I know to appreciate the times when they can all enjoy each other's company.

Molly and Scott, I love you both, and wish you every joy and happiness. May you be together always!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks dad! We love you too, very much. Thanks for all of your help with the wedding. I think everything went just how it was supposed to!