Monday, June 2, 2008

Three Days of the Condor

by Pa Rock
Movie Critic

Turner Classic Movies was having a Sydney Pollack festival tonight out of respect for the famed actor/director who died this week. I managed to still myself long enough to watch Three Days of the Condor. This 1975 film has held up well, though it had less action and stunts than a modern version would doubtless employ. I had two lingering observations regarding Condor. The first was how quickly things once considered commonplace have become anachronistic, such as typing on typewriters and smoking in the workplace. The second was that Faye Dunaway is the most beautiful woman to ever grace the silver screen.

One of my ten favorite movie lines of all time was given by Faye Dunaway as she was being slapped around and interrogated by Jack Nicholson in Chinatown:
"She's my daughter...She's my sister...She's my daughter...My sister, my daughter. She's my sister AND my daughter!"

And she's beautiful in that movie, also - far outshining Robert Redford in Condor and Nicholson in Chinatown.

And don't even get me started on her portrayal of Bonnie Parker!

No comments: