Monday, May 6, 2024

Boone at a Quarter of a Century

 
by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My oldest grandchild, Boone Macy, is twenty-five years old today.  Boone was born during the last year of the previous millennium in West Plains, Missouri.  I had the honor of holding him on the day he  was born.

Boone lives with his maternal grandparents in southwest Missouri.   He is a college graduate with a bachelor's degree in elementary education.  Boone has recently been working as a tour guide in one of Missouri's premier tourist caves, and seems to be developing an avid interest in the spelunking arts.

In addition to caving, Boone also has an interest in music.  He taught himself to play guitar by watching YouTube videos, and he has been featured in music venues close to where he lives.

As Boone and I both age, it seems as though we see each other a lot less than we used to, a situation in which we both have ownership because the road between our houses runs both ways.  But I do keep up with my grandson and am very proud of all that he has accomplished!

Boone, your birthday card from me will be late this year.  I know that because I am headed to town right now to buy it - and it will not be going out until this afternoon.  Fifty-one years from now when you are the age I am today, your gears will probably be slipping, too.  Have a wonderful birthday - and stay in touch!

No comments: