Monday, November 20, 2023

The Quest

 
by Pa Rock
Man with a Shovel

My good friend, Ranger Bob, and I are off on a quest today searching for a time capsule that I buried sixty years ago in McDonald County, Missouri.  The capsule, which is actually a fruit jar with a metal lid, contains some coins, a few other items which have faded from my old, gray memory, and a list of predictions.  
 
I know that the building I used as a landmark to find the capsule has since been torn down, so I bought a metal detector especially for this search.  I am also taking a large magnet and plenty of warm clothing – it is supposed to rain.
 
It will be fun searching for the buried relic from my loud and wasted youth, and I know that I will enjoy spending the day with my old college roommate.   Please check back in this space tomorrow to hear about our success – or not.
 
(Note:  When traveling to McDonald County, it is always best to go in pairs because somebody has to get out of the car and open the gates!)

No comments: