Saturday, May 6, 2023

Boone Macy at Twenty-Four!

 
by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My oldest grandchild, Boone Macy, the one who gave me the moniker "Pa Rock" after he had already attached "Pa" to his maternal grandfather, is having a birthday today!  The young scamp is twenty-four!  A week from today Boone will do himself and his large extended family proud when he graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Missouri Southern State University in Joplin.

Boone's grandmother and I walked the graduation line at that same school back in the 1970's where we also received degrees in the field of education.

Boone, we are all very excited for you, and pleased and proud of your achievements in life!

Boone and I have had some great trips together over the years.  He and his Dad came to visit me in Phoenix when he was ten-or-eleven-years-old, and from there we drove to San Diego where the youngster from rural Missouri got his first view of the endless Pacific Ocean.  A year or two after that the three of us went to Disney World in Florida and then took a Disney Cruise.  One of my clearest memories of that adventure was sitting at the Hard Rock Cafe at Nassau in the Bahamas listening to music that made my head hurt - while Boone had a great time enjoying the same music and exploring through all of the rock memorabilia.   I also drove Boone and I from Missouri to Oregon in the early summer of 2014, a trip where we saw a good portion of America from right at ground-level. 

There is a lot going on in the world on this, my oldest grandchild's birthday.  The 149th running of the Kentucky Derby will be this afternoon at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky - and this morning Charles III was crowned King of the British Empire at Westminster Abbey in London.  But even with all of that, Boone's birthday is still my big event of the day!

Happy birthday, Boone!  May you be around to celebrate and enjoy many, many more!

1 comment:

Mineko said...

Happily read this. Thank you for having shared.