Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Sebastian Is Fifteen

 
by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

My second oldest grandchild, Sebastian Files, is turning fifteen today.  Sebastian lives with his parents and his younger brother and sister, Judah and Willow, in Oregon's capital city of Salem, so I don't get to see them very often.

I know that Sebastian likes things that are retro, and he enjoys visiting what I call "junk" stores.  He has a collection of vinyl record albums, a record player, and many interesting things that were popular before he was born.   He even has vintage clothing that he occasionally wears.  If he ever decides to come visit us, his Uncle Nick and I will take him to Hardy, Arkansas, a town composed almost entirely of flea markets and junk stores!

Sebastian is quite a unique young man - and he plays a mean tenor sax!   He has also written a series of three fiction novels, each of which I have previously reviewed in this space.

I heard, after the fact, that Sebastian had his eighth grade graduation a few weeks ago.  While eighth grade graduations are still fairly common in the little towns in the Midwest, I didn't realize that bigger schools like his had them.  I am glad that he was able to have that experience.  

And in the fall my grandson will be in 9th grade - that is so hard to believe!

Happy birthday, Sebastian.  May your day and your summer be filled with wonder.  Pa Rock is proud of you!

No comments: