Friday, September 15, 2017

To McCounty and Back Again

by Pa Rock
Road Warrior

Today I was on the road for a hurried round trip back to my old stomping grounds in extreme southwest Missouri - a total drive of 403 miles.  It was a day spent with old friends that included a visit to a library, lunch in a trendy cellar, some time talking to a couple of friends in a nursing home, and, sadly, attendance at a funeral.  I encountered some people whom I hadn't seen in decades.

Nursing homes and funerals - this phase of life has slipped up on me!

The drive was uneventful, no bumper stickers or other things of interest popped up to amuse or anger me as I ripped up and down the highway.  I did see one interesting bumper sticker yesterday here in West Plains.  A young man displayed a sticker on the rear of his car that said "I Don't Listen to the Liberal Media."  "Good," I thought, "You probably can't handle the truth!" 

Hopefully I can stay close to the farm for the next couple of weeks - and then I will be off for a weekend in Kansas City where son Tim and I have tickets to see "Kinky Boots" at the Starlight Theatre.  That will be a nice way to welcome Fall!

No comments: