Sunday, September 10, 2017

Bad Gramma

by Pa Rock
Character Collector

Rosie and I have spent so much quality time together this weekend that she has gone into seclusion beneath the couch, apparently relishing a bit of privacy.

We made a hurried trip across the state to extreme southwest Missouri yesterday where we visited a friend in a nursing home and had some interactions with a couple of other friends.  Rosie was a hit at the nursing home as we sat out front on the porch and my friend, who is currently non-verbal, seemed to enjoy petting and playing with her.  Rosie, never a shy girl, really liked putting on a show for all of the old folks. who were outside getting some sun and fresh air.  Later we went to Aunt Gail's in Fayetteville, Arkansas.  Rosie always has a good time at Aunt Gail's and jumps in the air and spins whenever I tell her that we are headed out to see my younger sister.

Last night we went to a barbecue at the home of my rich nephew, Justin, and his beautiful wife, Lisa.  My other nephew, Reed, and his equally beautiful wife, Jamie, were also there.  The food and company were exceptional!  Thanks, guys.

Our trip home was across northern Arkansas and was uneventful - and we got back around noon.  Later this afternoon I headed into town for an iced tea and lottery tickets.  Rosie, who was by then ready to hit the road again, hopped in for the ride.  I left her locked in the car while I went into a local quick stop.  When I emerged a young couple was standing at the car staring in a Rosie - and Rosie was parked in the driver's seat staring back.  The fellow asked me how long I had "him," and I replied that I "she" had been with me three years.  It turns out the guy thought he had found his missing dog which he described as being a male Chihuahua with features and markings exactly like Rosie.  I got suckered into a conversation and asked how he had lost his dog, and he replied that he had given him to his grandmother to watch, and while the little dog was with Gramma she sold him!

The couple was parked next to me in a mini-van - with no evidence of children.  Hopefully they hadn't let Gramma babysit for the kids, too!

No comments: