Friday, May 6, 2016

Boone at Seventeen

by Pa Rock
Proud Grandpa

Today marks the beginning of the annual grandchildren birthday season.


My oldest grandson, Boone Macy, the one who nicknamed me "Pa Rock" when he was little, is little no longer.  Boone, now busy completing his junior year in high school, turns seventeen today.

Boone called last night and we had a good visit.  He thanked me for the birthday money that I sent - not much - and said that it was going toward tires for the car that he recently bought.  I haven't seen his vehicle yet, but understand that it is some type of "town" car, a vehicle that should offer a certain degree of safety.

(My first car was a '57 Chevy - and I saw several just like it last week in Cuba.  Ah,the memories!) 

Boone said that he has taken his ACT and is waiting to learn the results.  He has also recently tested for an Advanced Placement English class.

And in other Boone news, he is taller than both his dad and me, and he has been paid cash money for playing his guitar and singing at a coffee house.  Remember coffee houses?  I thought they went out with '57 Chevys!

Happy birthday, Boone.   You always make me proud!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Boone! There are lots of coffee houses around here, Pa Rock! ;)

Erin said...

17! How is that possible? I still remember meeting 4-year old Boone for the first time. I was blown away by his manners and general respect for others. I hope I get a son just like him.