Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Blog Leach

by Pa Rock
Traveling Fool

After a day on the road motoring from West Plains to Noel, Missouri, tonight finds me at my sister's home near Rogers, Arkansas.  We just had a very nice dinner with three of Gail's grown children, two of her daughter-in-laws, and three grandchildren.  It was at a wonderful pizza place in Rogers called Damned Good Pies - and they certainly were damned good!

We were joined at dinner by Gail's daughter, Tiffany Burke, and her children Brittany and Aidan, Gail's son Justin Smith and his wife Lisa and their son Graham, and Gail's other son, Reed Smith and his wife Jamie.  It is always good to catch up with my very special nieces and nephews - they are such nice young people!

Justin told me that a Wal-Mart pop-up advertisement is leaching itself to my blog.    I'm thinking that I need to  write a special piece on Wal-Mart to see if I can exorcise the ad.  Perhaps a posting about the Wal-Mart store in Canton, Ohio, collecting canned goods so their employees can eat on the holidays - as if they would be given time off to eat!  Or maybe a recounting of the Wal-Mart store in Ontario, California, having Santa Claus arrested!  What's next, Wal-Mart?  Throwing the Easter Bunny on a hot barbecue grill?

When the time comes for my exit, I hope it is more dignified than being trampled to death at a Wal-Mart on Black Friday!

Now, Google, please keep Wal-Mart ads off of my blog - or pay me to run them.   I have standards, you know!

See you at Walgreen's!

No comments: