Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wasilla Googles Winehouse

by Pa Rock
Aggravating Aggregator

Last night at about 1:30 a.m. (Arizona time - which is like no one else's!) somebody in Wasilla, Alaska, visited The Ramble. WTF? I thought. It's been months since I made fun of the former mayor - and now former governor. But, upon further research I found that the mystery visitor had come to The Ramble through this query on the Google: "Amy Winehouse death pool." My blog came up as the sixth most popular hit for that query - largely due to the several mentions that Ms. Winehouse got in the past two annual editions of Pa Rock's Dead Pool.

I started using Site Meter to track people who visit The Ramble on July 23rd of this year, and in just over a month I have logged in 765 visitors who have viewed 1,256 pages of The Ramble. I know that's a very modest number, but it does serve to make the effort feel worthwhile.

To date the blog has had visitors from most of the states and every continent except Antarctica. I get several hits from the Phoenix area daily - not necessarily good news, but I do live in a gated community! Today I had a guest from the Netherlands and a visitor from Cardiff, Wales. (I'm a big fan of Torchwood and have recently read How Green Was My Valley, so I would love to visit Wales, and Cardiff in particular. Would today's guest like to house swap for a couple of months sometime?)

Somebody from Kingwood, TX, checks in every day - is that you, Noreen? Whoever you are, drop me a note!

As an old geography teacher, I'm having a good time tracking the visitors to The Ramble and seeing the types of things that interest them. It doesn't take much to amuse me - but most of you knew that already!

2 comments:

Xobekim said...

In lieu of the original may I suggest Cardiff by the Sea in San Diego County. It is well worth the trip. A few years back I pulled off to a seaside state park and got to hang out with the surfer chicks for a short time.

And what about those kids in Wasilla?

BK in MO said...

Kingwood is in the Houston area. Noreen lives in Austin. So, I assume you have fans in Houston! Not surprising, as I have relatives there (two sisters) and I'm sure other people who know you are living there. You are popular, Pa!